Skip to content
International Student Services

Change of Funding


The information on your I-20 or DS-2019 should always be current. If there is a substantial change in your funding, such as a change of financial sponsor or major adjustment of amount provided by your current sponsor, your immigration document should be updated. This is especially important if you will apply for a new F-1 or J-1 visa.

Graduate students: RA/TA appointments will not cover the expenses of your dependent(s). If you have dependents, be sure to indicate additional funding sources that will cover all estimated expenses.

Estimated expenses for the academic year are based on figures compiled by the Office of Student Financial Aid and represent modest but adequate costs for most students. Expenses should be expected to increase every year. Tuition rates vary depending on the program. Visit the Office of Planning and Budgeting for more specific tuition information.

Instructions to Request an Updated I-20

  1. Gather financial documentation of your updated funding.
  2. Submit the online “Funding Change I-20 Request” through MyISSS.