Skip to content

New Students

Who is a new student?

Those newly admitted to the University of Washington’s Seattle campus and attending for the first time are considered new students. We are very pleased that you have chosen to attend the UW, and we look forward to meeting you!

How do I get my immigration document?

New students who will attend under the F-1 or J-1 status should work with their respective admissions unit to receive their I-20 or DS-2019.

Undergraduate Admits

F-1 Students

Newly admitted undergraduate students should work with the Undergraduate Admissions Office on their next steps.

Learn more

Graduate Admits

J-1 Students

Newly admitted graduate student should work with the Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS) team on their next steps.

Learn more

How can I get help with my arrival?

New students should direct their pre-arrival questions to their respective admissions unit. The staff of International Student Services (ISS) is here to help you once you have arrived.