We’ve been seeing some errors in STEM OPT I-20 requests that are causing delays.
e-Verify Number Issues
- Your I-765 requires you to include the e-Verify number for your employer. Our form in MyISSS request also requires it. We’re seeing students answer the question that they will upload a letter from their employer about their e-Verify employer and then not uploading the number.
- We’re also seeing students input the EIN number of their employer rather than the e-Verify number.
- If we notice that you have not provided the e-Verify information, we will request clarification or dismiss the requests.
Employer Start Date Information
- In the STEM OPT Information portion of the request, the employer start date should be AFTER your current OPT expires. Most students select the exact day after the Post-Completion OPT expires and that is what we would recommend you put in the form. If you put the wrong date in your request, advisors are not able to process the request as quickly as we should be able to.
Incorrect Fee Payment
- We have had some students submit their STEM OPT requests without having uploaded a copy of their receipt for the STEM OPT fee. We are unable to process requests if the fee has not been paid.
Thank you for your attention. We look forward to serving you soon!