Skip to content
International Student Services

Financial Assistance


The University of Washington offers several support services to help students finance their studies or overcome challenging situations. International Student Services recommends that you speak with the appropriate office when seeking financial assistance.

Campus Financial Aid Resources

Campus Resources

The Office of Student Financial Aid can advise undergraduate students on university scholarships and other financial assistance.

Contact: 206-543-6101

The Graduate School provides various resources to assist incoming and current students who are seeking funding for their studies.


The Graduate and Funding Information System can help graduate students search for general research funding.

The Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards helps students navigate the application process for scholarships, fellowships and other awards.


The Center for International Relations and Cultural Leadership Exchange (CIRCLE) has great resources on searching and applying for financial aid.


Emergency Aid and Hardship Employment Authorization

Emergency Aid and Hardship Employment Authorization

The University of Washington provides Emergency Aid during unexpected and unavoidable situations.

In some cases, a student experiencing hardship may be eligible for employment authorization through either Severe Economic Hardship or Special Student Relief. If you are interested in either of these, we strongly encourage you to Meet with an Adviser.