Skip to content

Get ready for spring break! Come to a Travel Signature Clinic!

If you’re planning on traveling outside of the U.S. during spring break, you need a travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019!

Wait – what is a travel signature?

The travel signature is on page two of an I-20 and page one of a DS-2019. An advisor signs it after they’ve confirmed that you are maintaining status by following the rules of your visa. Signatures on DS-2019s are valid for one year. Signatures on I-20s are valid for one year for students still studying at the University of Washington. Students on OPT or STEM OPT need a signature that is less than 6 months old.

A travel signature is valid for multiple entries to the U.S. So, if you get your travel signature this winter quarter, you will be able to travel over spring break and summer without needing a new one.

When can I get a travel signature?

We have travel signature clinics for F-1 students tomorrow, February 14th and Monday, March 6th from 1 to 4 PM in Schmitz 490. You can also request a travel signature through MyISSS at any time.

Students on J-1 visas must have their DS-2019 signed in ink. As we already held a travel signature clinic for J-1 students on January 18th, J-1 students can come to weekly drop-ins on Thursdays from 2 to 4 PM to get a travel signature on the spot.