Skip to content

J-1 and J-2 Employment

You must receive employment authorization BEFORE you begin working.

The following employment/training authorization options are available as long as you are in good academic standing and are enrolled in a full course of study (except for official school breaks and the annual vacation quarter).

On-Campus Employment

Academic Training

Off-Campus Employment for Serious Economic Circumstances

J-2 Dependent Employment Authorization

Program Sponsor

Students whose program sponsor is not the UW, but an outside organization (such as Fulbright/IIE), will need to obtain employment authorization from that sponsoring organization.