Skip to content

Academic Changes

Change of Level

Students who are starting a new program and degree level at the University of Washington will need to update their SEVIS record and obtain a new I-20 or DS-2019 to show the new program and level.

Extending I-20 or DS-2019

Students whose academic or medical circumstances have impacted their ability to graduate on time may extend the program completion date on the I-20 or DS-2019.

New Major I-20

Students who change their major at the University of Washington must have this reported to the U.S. government.

Transferring SEVIS Record

F-1 students who are admitted to another university in the U.S. can transfer their SEVIS I-20 record to the new school.