International Student Services

Practical Matters


This page will give you resources to practical matters while in and around the UW campus.


Career Center

The Career Center of the University of Washington provides career and job search services to UW students and alumni. Services provided by the Career Center include career and job search counseling; a campus recruiting program; job listings; workshops on resume writing, interviewing, job offer and salary negotiation, internships, and more; employer panels on topics such as interviewing and resume writing; a credential file service; and career fairs.


Mary Gates Hall 134


There are options for on-campus and off-campus housing for students studying at the University of Washington. On-campus housing is usually reserved for underclassmen in Freshmen and Sophomore standing.

Husky Card

Any matters or questions regarding the UW Husky Card and its uses can be found at the Husky Card website and office.


Odegaard Undergraduate Library, Ground Floor

Registrar, Office of the

The Office of the University Registrar provides administrative services to students, faculty, and staff including but not limited to: coordinate course registration, provides students' academic transcripts, provides enrollment verification for students, administers the Residence Classification Office, and coordinates the distribution of undergraduate, graduate, and professional diplomas.


Schmitz Hall Second Floor

Student Fiscal Services

All matters relating to tuition charges, student account payments, and student account fees are handled through Student Fiscal Services. Students may also inquire questions regarding tax forms at Student Fiscal Services as well.


Schmitz Hall 129

Phone Number


Tax Inquiries:

Transportation Around Seattle

It’s easy to get to the University of Washington by bus or commuter train. More than 60 bus routes serve the U-District, including many that drive onto the campus itself. You can also take the train or light rail to downtown Seattle, then jump on a bus for a quick ride to the University.

The U-PASS is your ticket to ride on all six Central Puget Sound transit agencies—Metro Transit, Community Transit, Sound Transit, Pierce Transit, Everett Transit and Kitsap Transit—anytime, anywhere. U-PASS also gives you full fare coverage on light rail and on the Sounder commuter train. Sounder provides a quick commute option from Tacoma or Everett. Link light rail provides service between Tukwila and downtown Seattle.