International Student Services
Express Mailing Options
International Student Services is able to pay for standard airmail only, and it will not have a tracking option. Standard airmail may take up to 5 weeks to reach you, depending on the country. If you would like your document sent by alternate methods, you have the following options:
Coordinate and pay for express mailing through eShipGlobal:
- Go to eShipGlobal and create an account.
- Once your account is activated, login and select “Receive a Package from Universities” on your home screen.
- In the University Search field, enter “University of Washington – Seattle Campus” or click WA on the map and then select “University of Washington – Seattle Campus.”
- For department, select “International Student Services.”
- Complete the following pages with your contact and payment information. In the “Reference/Comments” section please write what you are requesting ISS to send (Replacement I-20, EAD Card, Travel Signature, etc).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org after you have set up your shipping and let us know that you wish for us to send your document via express mail. Include the order number of your shipment in the email. If the recipient name is different from your own, please inform us of the name in the email as well.
- After the payment has been received and processed, eShipGlobal will notify ISS via email that the air bill is ready to be printed. Once we receive that email, we will print your air way bill and send the document via the express service you selected. You will receive a notification email once we have shipped your document. The tracking will be updated 24-48 hours after it is processed.
- If you have questions about how to use this service, please email eShipGlobal directly at email@example.com.
Arrange for a friend to pick up the document from ISS on your behalf. You must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the full legal name of your friend so he/she can be authorized to pick up the document. Your friend will need to bring his/her photo identification to pick up your document. Your friend is then responsible for mailing the new document to you.
Send a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope to ISS and we will mail your document with the provided envelope. Include a note with the envelope to let ISS know what you are requesting to be sent. We recommend you use a service that will provide a tracking number.
Option 4 (Graduate Students Only)
Contact your academic department to see if they are willing to pick up the document from ISS and express mail it to you.