International Student Services

F-1 to B-1/B-2 - Change of Nonimmigrant Status

Submit your application to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) by mail.
(The online USCIS ELIS application option is no longer available).

Mail the following documents to the USCIS Lockbox.

  • Form I-539
  • USCIS filing fee: check or money order payable to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”
  • Original I-94 card or photocopy of admission stamp and paper printout of I-94 record
  • Photocopy of the visa page and identification page in your passport
  • Photocopy of every previously issued I-20
  • Evidence of financial support
  • Detailed letter. Why are you requesting the change of status? What arrangements have you made to depart the U.S.?