International Student Services

December 31, 2019

Outside the U.S. and Forgot Your Travel Signature

For general travel signature instructions, see How to Obtain a Travel Signature.

However, due to mailing times and other issues, it might not be possible to get a travel signature before your return to the U.S.

You must either change your anticipated return date, or travel without a valid travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019.

If you choose the latter option, request a Form I-515A at the U.S. immigration port of entry. It is most likely the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer at the U.S. Port of Entry will issue you a Form I-515A.

This form would allow you temporary admission to the U.S. for 30 days. If admitted to the U.S. with a Form I-515A, contact ISS through our Have a Question webform immediately after your return to Seattle.

Note Potential Risk:

Admission to the U.S. with a Form I-515A is at the discretion of the CBP officer and cannot be guaranteed by ISS. On rare occasions, you may be denied entry to the U.S.

Carry These Travel Documents

Review our Travel and Visas information for the list of documents to prepare before international travel.