International Student Services
April 14, 2017
Final Tax Q&A Session: Monday, April 17, 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Tax Question & Answer (Q&A) Sessions
International Student Services cannot advise on taxes; we are immigration specialists, not tax specialists. We offer the following question and answer (Q&A) sessions to assist students in the use of the software only, not to answer tax questions. The software program will do that.
During the Q&A sessions:
- An ISS advisor will be available to answer all questions related to the scheduled topic.
- Students can come in any time during the hour.
- Students can stay for a portion or the entire time.
- There will not be a formal presentation.
- Pre-registration is not required.
Dates & Times:
Monday, April 17, 2017, 1:30pm to 3:30pm
Location: Schmitz Hall 490
Tax returns are due April 18, 2017. Use Glacier Tax Prep:
GLACIER Tax Prep
To help make tax filing easier, ISS provides purchases an online tax preparation service designed for F-1 and J-1 nonimmigrants. This web-based program, GLACIER Tax Prep, provides step-by-step instructions and assistance with the preparation of the appropriate forms.
NOTE: Students employed by UW must first set up an account in a software program called Glacier Tax Compliance when they are hired to work for the university. This is a different program than Glacier Tax Prep!
- Students may use Glacier Tax Prep at no charge, but you must log in through the ISS website.
- If you receive a notice to enter an access code, it means you are not logged in correctly.
For questions while using Glacier Tax Prep, contact the company directly.
For a general introduction to tax concepts, read the ISS tax information.