MyISSS (pronounced “my I-triple-S“) is your resource for immigration-related request forms and information. This resource allows students to submit requests to the ISS office, view information related to their F or J status, and receive announcements from our office.
Processing Times for ISSS Requests
Submitted requests in MyISSS take up to 3 weeks to be reviewed and processed. Additional time may be needed for errors, clarification, or complexities of the request. We cannot expedite or “rush” requests. Plan ahead to allow 3 weeks for processing.
Emails with most commonly asked questions will receive a response within a week. Advising or more complex questions will be routed to an advisor and can take longer based on the complexities of the questions.
Tip: When using Duo two-factor authentication, if you are outside the U.S., we recommend you use the ‘generate code‘ or ‘push notification‘ authentication option. ‘Call‘ is not an option internationally.
Tip: Click the button labeled ‘submit’ in order to fully submit your request. Clicking ‘save’ will only save your progress, it will not submit the request to the ISS office for processing.
Frequently Asked Questions
To access your custom ISSS profile, you must:
- Receive official admission to the University of Washington
- Claim your NetID and password
- Wait approximately 3-5 business days after both admission and netids are complete for the system data to refresh
- If you are still unable to access your account, it is likely an issue with your NetID and you will need to contact UW IT Connect.
Log in to your profile in ISSS and navigate to the Requests and Information section. You will see a list of all pending requests – each will have a status message so you can check the progress of your request.
There are several possible status messages for student requests.
- Draft: You have started or saved a request to complete at a later time. It has not been submitted.
- Adv Review: Your request has been sent to an external reviewer (i.e. your academic advisor) for approval.
- Submitted: Your request has been assigned to ISS advisor for review.
- Clarification Requested: More information is needed in order to complete your request. Check your email for specific details.
- Dismissed: Your request was incomplete or you are otherwise ineligible. Check your email for specific details and next steps.
- Approved: An ISS staff member has reviewed your request and submitted it to the government database, SEVIS, for validation.
- Completed: The request has been validated by SEVIS. If there was a document associated with your request (a new I-20 or DS-2019), the document is ready for you. This is the final status message for successful requests.
When submitting a request, if the submission is not successful, you will receive an error stating that your submission is incomplete. If there are required fields, you will not be able to proceed with the submission until you have completed those sections.
Some requests will require approval by UW staff outside of the ISS office. In these cases, your request will not be processed by ISS until the external staff member (department advisor, program coordinator, etc.) has completed their portion of the request.
Make sure you have clicked ‘submit’ when you finish completing your form.
Log into your MyISSS account. Current processing times are listed on the ISS homepage
Requests will be processed once they have been submitted. Your request is not submitted until you complete all the required fields and click ‘submit’.
ISS staff will not respond to questions about the status of a request. You can always check the status of any request by logging into your MyISSS profile and reviewing the request. Make sure to also check for any emails regarding the request.